What is The Coca-Cola Company’s ticker symbol and where does your stock trade?

Our stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KO.

How do I buy stock in The Coca-Cola Company? What type of stock purchase plans do you have available?

Shares can be purchased through a Direct Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plan sponsored and administered by Computershare Trust Company, N.A. Details about the Computershare Investment Plan, including any fees associated with the Plan, can be viewed and printed from Computershare’s website.

When does the Company pay dividends?

The Company normally pays dividends four times a year, usually April 1, July 1, October 1 and December 15. Shareowners of record can elect to receive their dividend payments electronically or by check in the currency of their choice. You can select your desired payment method by accessing your account online through Investor Centre at www.computershare.com/coca-cola or by contacting Computershare at 888-COKESHR (888-265-3747) or 781-575-2653 for details.

What is the difference between holding shares as a shareowner of record and as a beneficial owner?

If your shares are registered directly in your name with the Company’s registrar and transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company, N.A., you are considered a shareowner of record with respect to those shares. If your shares are held in a brokerage account or bank, trust, or other nominee, you are considered the “beneficial owner” of those shares.

I am a shareowner and have questions about my stock ownership, who should I contact?

If you are a beneficial owner of shares (e.g., you own shares through a bank or brokerage account) and have specific questions about your stock ownership, it will be necessary to contact your bank/broker directly for assistance.

If you are a shareowner of record and your account is registered at Computershare, our Registrar and Transfer Agent, you may contact them by phone, email or postal mail with specific questions about your stock ownership:

U.S. Toll-free 888-COKESHR (888-265-3747) or 781-575-2653
For hearing impaired: 800-490-1493
Email: coca-cola@computershare.com (personal account information should not be sent via e-mail)
Website: www.computershare.com/coca-cola

Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43078 Providence, RI 02940-3078
If sending correspondence by overnight mail:
150 Royall Street, Suite 101 Canton, MA 02021

Representatives are available by telephone from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, to assist you with the following:

  • Account Consolidation
  • Account Information
  • Address Changes
  • Direct Registration (DRS)
  • Dividend Information
  • Direct Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plan
  • International Currency Exchange for Dividend Payments and Sale Proceeds
  • Electronic Delivery of Communications
  • Registration Changes
  • Replacement of Lost, Stolen or Destroyed Certificates
  • Stock Transfer

Be sure to keep your account at Computershare current. Abandoned property laws in the United States require you to keep your account information current to avoid shares and/or funds from being turned over to the state of your last known residence. The Coca-Cola Company is required to follow these abandoned property regulations.

To avoid your account being deemed abandoned or lost:

  • Cash your dividend checks in a timely manner. Uncashed checks over a specified period of time could result in the uncashed funds and in some cases, your shares, being turned over to the state of your last known residence. Some states may even liquidate your shares when they receive them.
  • Keep your account current. Access your account on-line or vote your proxy. Ensure that Computershare has your correct address on file. If any of your statements or dividend checks are returned to Computershare as undeliverable, The Coca-Cola Company may be required by law to turn over your uncashed checks and your shares to the state of your last known residence. You can change your mailing address at any time by logging on to your shareowner account at www.computershare.com/coca-cola. Please note, if you reside outside the U.S., your shares and/or funds would be turned over to Delaware, our state of incorporation.

To prevent property from being turned over to the state, cash your checks promptly, keep your address current and vote your proxy (voting materials sent each spring). Even if you haven’t moved and your statements are delivered quarterly, according to some states, your account could be deemed abandoned if you have not accessed your account or contacted Computershare within three years.

If your dividends and/or shares are turned over to the state, it will be necessary to contact the state directly and file a claim, which can be a lengthy process.

Account access at www.computershare.com/coca-cola can be used to update your account and to obtain additional account information. You may also contact Computershare by telephone at 888-265-3747 or 781-575-2653 for assistance.

How do I transfer my shares of KO stock to a new owner?

Shareowners of record may complete stock transfer forms online at www.transfermystock.com. Once the forms are completed online, you will receive instructions for printing, signing, and returning the forms to Computershare for processing. For help completing the transfer forms or additional information on transferring shares you may contact Computershare at 888-COKESHR (888-265-3747) or 781-575-2652.

If you are a beneficial owner of shares (e.g., you own shares through a bank or brokerage account) and have specific questions about your stock ownership, it will be necessary to contact your bank/broker directly for assistance.

Can I access my account with Computershare via the Internet?

Shareowners of record may access their accounts via the Internet to obtain share balance, conduct secure transactions, request printable forms and view current market value of their investment as well as historical stock prices. To log on to this secure site and request your initial password, go to www.computershare.com/coca-cola and click on "Create Login."

I need assistance in calculating my cost basis. Is this something you can assist me with?

If you require assistance in calculating your cost basis, NetBasis, a service offered directly through NetWorth Services, can automatically calculate the cost basis for your common stock of The Coca-Cola Company, adjusting for any corporate actions or dividend reinvestment. You will need your purchase/acquisition dates, number of shares acquired and sold and your sale date to use the NetBasis system.

When was the last stock split?

Shareowners of record as of July 27, 2012 were entitled to a two-for-one stock split payable August 10, 2012. Shareowners of record were sent notification of the shares received as a result of the split.

How many times has the Company split its stock?

Our common stock has split 11 times since its listing in 1919. The history of stock splits by record date is as follows:

September 5, 1919 Stock listed on NYSE
April 25, 1927 1-for-1 stock dividend
November 15, 1935 4-for-1 stock split
January 22, 1960 3-for-1 stock split
January 22, 1965 2-for-1 stock split
May 13, 1968 2-for-1 stock split
May 9, 1977 2-for-1 stock split
June 16, 1986 3-for-1 stock split
May 1, 1990 2-for-1 stock split
May 1, 1992 2-for-1 stock split
May 1, 1996 2-for-1 stock split
July 27, 2012 2-for-1 stock split
I currently hold shares in certificate form. Do you have safekeeping?

Today most shares are kept in paperless fashion and shareowners have the option to conveniently convert all valid certificates to Direct Registration. The Direct Registration form of ownership allows registered shareowners to maintain their shares in book-entry form without the need of a physical certificate. The shareowner retains full ownership of the shares without the responsibility of holding the actual certificate.

There are advantages to having your shares in DRS. The primary benefits are that it:

  • saves you the burden of storing your certificate(s) in a safe place, i.e. safe deposit box or vault;
  • eliminates the risk of potential loss thus avoiding the significant costs involved in replacing any lost, stolen, or destroyed certificates;
  • eliminates the risk of fraudulent transfer of certificates;
  • saves the costs associated with the issuance and delivery of physical stock certificates;
  • makes your stock transactions faster and easier;
  • saves you the inconvenience of delivering stock certificate(s) to your broker for sale or safekeeping; and
  • allows for shares to be moved electronically to your brokerage account.
How do I convert my stock certificates to DRS?

If you would like to take advantage of the convenience of having all shares held in DRS/book-entry form, you can mail your certificates to:

The Coca-Cola Company
c/o Computershare
P. O. Box 43078
Providence, RI 02940-3078

If sending certificates by overnight mail:
150 Royall Street, Suite 101
Canton, MA 02021

It is recommended that stock certificates be mailed certified or registered mail and insured for 3 percent of the current market value. This is the cost to replace the certificates if they are lost. Do not sign your stock certificates. Include written instructions indicating you would like to deposit your stock certificate(s) into DRS/book entry form. All shareholders shown on the account must sign the written request. The certificate shares will be added to your account and an account statement will be mailed to your address of record.

I prefer to receive my communications electronically. How can I sign up to receive my communications by email?

If you are a registered shareowner and wish to receive correspondence, including the Notice of Annual Meeting, account statements and tax forms, via email instead of postal mail, please go to www.computershare.com/coca-cola for instructions on how to enroll in electronic delivery. As a thank you, The Coca-Cola Company and American Forest will plant a tree on your behalf at no cost to you.

If you are a beneficial owner of shares, and hold your shares through a broker or brokerage account, it will be necessary to contact your broker for assistance in enrolling in electronic delivery.

How do I contact Shareowner Services at The Coca-Cola Company?

You can send us an email, call or write us at:

The Coca-Cola Company
Shareowner Services
P O Box 1734
Atlanta, GA 30301

For more shareowner information, visit the Shareowner Information page of the Investors section.

If I am an institutional investor or analyst, how can I contact Investor Relations at The Coca-Cola Company?

Contact Investor Relations
Corporate Offices
The Coca-Cola Company
One Coca-Cola Plaza
Atlanta, Georgia 30313
(404) 676-2121

Institutional Investor and Analyst Inquiries:
Robin Halpern
VP & Head of Investor Relations